Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sitting with Grandmother Willow | Lauren Tanner of Crafting to Disney

As part of our on-going series, Sitting with Grandmother Willow, I am happy to introduce you to Lauren of Crafting to Disney! This series of blog posts highlights artists and fellow bloggers of all stripes with one thing in common: a passion for Disney!

Lauren and I are both Disney Certified Travel Planners for Wishdrawals. She also has a passion for Disney DIY so we connected immediately! I'm so glad she could join us on the blog this month!

Disney By The Numbers (with apologies to Harpers)

# of trips you have made: only 5 :(

Date of first trip: I'm not sure of the exact date. I was maybe 4 so sometime around 1986? I went with my Mom and Dad and older sister. I remember my brother staying home with my grandmother because he was still too young. I feel like he was a baby. My mom sold Tupperware and they had a confrence every year in Orlando. We extended the work trip to include a Disney Vacation.

Date of next trip: 9/18/15 CAN'T STINKIN WAIT!

# of Resorts stayed in: Two. I tend to be a creature of habbit.

Usual # in your travel party: My family of 4. My grumpy husband and my two boys- ages 10 and 4.

Pairs of mouse ears in your cottage: 5, but I have learned how to make Minne headbands so that number is growing!

WDW or Disneyland (or other)? WDW. We live in Georgia, so it's an easy drive. I can't wait to make it to Disneyland though!

How do you usually travel to Disney? Driving. It's an easy 6 hours.

Do you have any tips for trips? Plan, plan, plan. My 4 year old has special needs and planning ahead of time has been key to our success in the parks.

Do you have a favorite place to eat while in Disney? we LOVE Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom and Tusker House in Animal Kingdom.

What is your absolute DON'T MISS attraction? Pirates of the Caribbean. I love that it is such a classic- I remember it from childhood! My boys love anything Captaian Jack Sparrow, so it's a win win!

Stage shows, yes or no? Nah, my youngest can't sit through them.

Parades, yes or no? Nope again. Same as before. We can't keep him still long enough to get a good spot to watch them from.

Best Fast Pass to get: For my family, one that we can all use is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Peter Pan's Flight. The big rides are great, but my little guy is still too young so we have to do rider swap.

Favorite park: ALL OF THEM! I can't pick one, they are each perfect in thier own way!

One piece of advice you'd give a novice about WDW/DL: Look at a map before you go. It's nice to know what to expect before you walk into the massive parks!

How do you create extra magic for your family? I make t-shirts for the kids to wear, decorate our resort window, bring things like Disney Pez Despensers to put in my park backpack, trade pins with them... The list could go on for a while!

How can we connect with you?
Facebook.com/crafting2disney
pinterest.com/crafting2disney
www.craftingtodisney.com
email: craftingtodisney@gmail.com
       lauren@wishdrawals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment