Saturday, January 24, 2015

From Belle's Library | Disney U, by Doug Lipp

Reading Disney U, by Doug Lipp, was less informative than I hoped. I have heard many amazing things about Disney University and I have ever been a huge fan of the customer service at Walt Disney World. It seemed natural that this book would be of interest to me. In full disclosure, I didn't finish it.

I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting or hoping for, but I wasn't expecting a self-help book so much as a history of the University and a peek behind the curtain. I know, it's naive of me to think so about a book with the subtitle: How Disney University Develops The Worlds Most Engaged, Loyal and Customer-Centric Employees. I just wanted less of this let's-consider-your-organization sections and more of the, here's-what-works sections.

For those of you who are hoping for the same thing, may I recommend Creating Magic, by Lee Cockerell. I reviewed it back in November of 2013. I loved it and it had much more of the personal feeling I was looking for in this book.

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment