Tuesday, January 20, 2015

DIY Disney Resort Map Pinwheels

Sometimes a girl just needs a breath of fresh air. This project was that little breath for me. It's starting to feel like winter is going to be here, in the midwest, for ever. I always start to sense it around this time, and last year it was even earlier with our crazy weather! I needed a reminder that spring is really coming. So I decided to dig into my map stash and make some whimsical, spring-inspired pinwheels for my studio cabinets!

These were fairly simple to do and in about an hour I had a fun new addition for my studio! It had been a while since I had made any pinwheels of my own, so I used this pinwheel tutorial from See Kate Create. It was very simple and easy to follow. I did one or two from the maps and realized I really wanted to see the map on both sides of the pinwheel, so I just cut out two map squares of the same size and used my tape runner to adhere one map to the other. The darker pinwheels are made from flyers introducing the New Fantasyland and all it's attractions.

I hope you have fun with this idea! I'd love to see what you do with it. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!



No comments:

Post a Comment