Thursday, August 28, 2014

Welcome to the EAC Disney Inspired Hand Knit Socks

Welcome to the EAC, Dude! I've been hanging on the this sock yarn for longer than I'd like to admit. I often see beautiful hand painted yarn, snap it up, and then wonder how I can use it. It doesn't show off intricate patterns too well, so you have to be somewhat picky in the choice of socks you are going to knit. This is true of self-striping yarn as well, although that's the beauty of the self-striping stuff. You can knit a plain old vanilla sock and get something that looks amazing.

I finally found a pattern that fits this beautiful hand painted yarn. It reminds me of the scene in Finding Nemo where Crush welcomes Marlin and Dory to the EAC! The pattern sort of swirls around the legs a bit without distorting or pooling the colors. And oh how I LOVE these colors!

I also fell in love with this pattern for two reasons. The first is that this was a very easy pattern to memorize. This is wonderful for knitting on the go. The second is that I was able to alter this pattern very easily to accommodate my very curvy calves. The pattern comes in four sizes and the chart was very easy to modify going from the larger size for my calves, to the smaller size for the rest of the sock. If you are into those sorts of details, you can find them all on my Ravelry page. There's even a link to the pattern.

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust, Dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment