Saturday, July 26, 2014

DIY Hand Knit Pocahontas Riverbend Socks

Love how simple and easy these socks are to knit up. I have made them twice before and just love them. The pattern is inspired by the Kalajoki River in Finland and it reminded me of one of my favorite songs from Disney's Pocahontas: Just Around The Riverbend. I found my perfect river colored yarn from Madelinetosh and I was off and running, or uh, knitting.

The pattern is only worked over a series of 16 stitches, and and rest is stockinette. I can't tell you how quickly this knit up! And even better, the toes are not grafted! I may, in fact, be the world's worst grafter. I cannot keep straight where I am in the that god-forsaken Kirchner stitch! But with this pattern, I didn't have to! All the better. And finally, it's a nice pattern for self-striping or variegated yarns. Sometimes the patterns don't show up too well on those, but this pattern is big enough that it works with these yarns. If you do decide to knit it, realize that it won't look this pretty on the needles; in needs to stretch out to really reveal itself. It's just a little bit magic that way!

If you want all the knitty-gritty details, hop on over to my Ravelry page. You can also find a link to the pattern there. If you're not registered, don't worry. It's totally free and they are excellent about not spamming the inbox! It's absolutely my favorite knitting and crocheting resource.

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment