Saturday, July 12, 2014

DIY Disney Inspired Hand-Knit Lumiére Socks

I will confess, I use a lot of road tripping time for knitting. The littles are strapped into seats and cannot abuse my knitting basket and what else is there to do on such a long ride? And socks are the perfect summer knitting project: light weight and small (meaning easy to travel with).

I finished these Lumiére inspired socks on our latest trip to northern Michigan. They were a very quick knit - I finished them up in just two weeks! That's fast for me! And the pattern, Candlepower, was charted and very easy to follow along. If you can knit and purl, you can do this. There is no cabling involved. The flame pattern definitely put me in mind of Lumiére and I intentionally knit these up in a color that reminded me of him and of Belle.

I like that these could be knit for a man as well. The pattern is not at all lacy or feminine, but still very interesting. If you want the details, you can check them out on my Ravelry page. You can find the pattern, yarn and a link to other knitters' projects.

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment