Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sitting with Grandmother Willow | Meet Maria of Mar Has That Bow


As part of our on-going series, Sitting with Grandmother Willow, I am happy to introduce Maria of Mar Has That Bow, a wonderful Disney bow maker. This series of blog posts highlights artists and bloggers of all stripes with one thing in common: a passion for Disney! I hope you will enjoy getting to know Maria as much as I have. And be sure to visit her shops for a host of unique Disney bows!

Disney by the numbers (with apologies to Harpers):
# of trips you have made:
Wow ok, I have made too many trips to remember exactly how many, but I became an annual pass holder this year (yay!) and since then I have been at least 2-3 times a month

Date of first trip:
My first ever trip was when I was in my mothers belly! That counts as a first trip right?

Date of next trip:
Hopefully within the next 2 weeks! I miss Disney too much so I have to go soon. Luckily I live in Florida so I can go a at least 1 time per month and I already went this month to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival; which was amazing! If you haven’t been you have to go, it is a must.

# of Resorts stayed in:
I think probably 1 or 2 when I was younger. Every time we went to Disney we stayed in other hotels and now I have family who live close to Disney, so I haven’t stayed in any of the Resorts for years L Hopefully I will soon, it will make the trip so much more magical

Usual # in your travel party:
I always travel with one other person. I wish I could go with my family but they all live around the world

Pairs of mouse ears in your cottage: 
I mainly wear my Disney Bows when I visit the parks so I only own 2 pairs of mouse ears. My first one was the classic Black (with sequins of course) Minnie ears and on my last trip I bought the limited edition Queen of Hearts ears which I am completely in love with! I don’t want to take them off ever! I will probably wear them in many trips to come.

WDW or Disneyland (or other)?
I haven’t been to Disneyland in California, but I have been to Disneyland Paris (when I used to live in Europe) it was actually a very special trip because it was my sisters 15th birthday and I decided to give her a trip to Paris as her birthday present.  She knew about the trip to Paris, but going to Disneyland was a complete surprise for her; the look on her face was priceless. 
Although I liked Disneyland Paris, WDW is home for me I could never replace it.

How do you usually travel to Disney?
We always drive to WDW, it is a 3 or 4-hour drive from where we live so it is the easiest way.

Do you have any tips for trips?
My biggest tip for any trip at WDW is to buy a portable fan! I cannot stress this enough- I am not a big fan of the heat so buying a portable fan for my Disney trips was the best thing I ‘ve ever done, I cannot go to WDW without it. Also the ponchos – I have a love and hate relationship with them, as they make me look ridiculous, but they come so handy on rainy days!

Do you have a favorite place to eat while in Disney?
I absolutely love the Sci-fi Dine-in at Hollywood Studios, I feel in love with it the first time I went and I could have stayed there the whole night just watching the funny movie clips, it really does make you feel like your in the 50s. 

What is your absolute DON'T MISS attraction?
Oh my God so many! But my favourite has to be Mickey’s PhilharMagic.

Stage shows, yes or no?
Yes!! I loveee the Beauty & the Beast stage show at Hollywood Studios, I can’t help but sing along every time

Parades, yes or no?
Yes and no – I love the parades but most of the times I only watch them during fall or winter, I can’t stand in the heat watching the parades during summer (not even with the portable fan lol)

Best Fast Pass to get:
Toy story Mania, definitely! If you don’t get a fast pass for this ride be prepared to wait for at least an hour.

Favorite Park:.
Epcot has always been my favourite park, but I’ve probably been to Magic Kingdom more times

One piece of advice you'd give a novice about WDW/DL:
Just enjoy your trip! Seriously I’ve seen a few people who get frustrated on their first trip because of the lines or little things, but it is a magical place for everyone. Just look around you and enjoy every minute of it with your family or whomever you’re with. There is no place happier than WDW!   

How do you create extra magic for your family?
Since my family lives abroad I will hopefully be able to create extra magic for them by bringing them to WDW, I hope sometime next year. 

How can we connect with you?
You can always email me marhasthatbow@gmail.com also through my websites: www.marhasthatbow.bigcartel.com
Instagram: @marhasthatbow 

No comments:

Post a Comment