Thursday, September 19, 2013

DIY Princess Tiana Get Well Card Recipe

I recently had occasion to create a little princess get well card. In truth, it was for my card club, and I'm still getting the feel of who these ladies are. So while I didn't want to go all out with a Disney themed card, I did want to do a card that was inspired by Disney. I used Tiana from The Princess and the Frog as my inspiration.

I used some bright pink paper for the background. I then cut a 1.25" strip of yellow and edged it will a pretty lace border I found in the Silhouette store. The border reminded be of princess crowns. I used a 1" circle punch to make the embellishments on the front of the card. I then used the Petite Pairs stamp set from Stampin' Up for the "sending a KISS to make it Better" sentiment. I used pop dots to make them stick out from the card just a bit. Finally, I found some lips confetti I had left over from valentine's day. I used one piece of confetti for just a little bit of bling. I'm really pleased with the result. If you wanted to give it more of a Tiana feel, perhaps a kissing frog or two would really do the trick.

Feel free to use this card recipe in your next project. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment